Friday, May 2, 2008

May 2 - A Day in My Life

Fridays are usually my "quiet" day. A day when we don't have to get anyone to school -- indeed both Alyssa and Tristan don't have school on Fridays and we all actually really like that. The kidlets enjoy a day that really doesn't have anything major planned, although recently I signed both of them up for a 45 minute gymnastics class together. Alyssa loves it. Tristan enjoys it also, but since he already goes to gymnastics on Tuesday while Alyssa is in school, and has been doing so since the beginning of the school year, it's kind of "old hat" for him.

Anyway, today was anything BUT relaxing. It was a crazy busy day. Just for posterity sake, I want to make a note of what we (I) did today. I realize it's not scintilating reading for you, but so be it.

* I started out the morning early by stripping our bed and throwing the sheets in the washer. I "unwrinkled" the items that were still in the dryer by turning it on for 10 minutes.

* Gave the kidlets some chocolate milk (their morning treat) since Michael had already helped them pour their cereal and milk.

* I fully planned to head straight to the gym to start up my Couch-to-5K program which I had completed and now haven't really run since after doing the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving while in Fredericksburg, VA. Got side-tracked and realized I'd better get the kidlets signed up for swim lessons and Alyssa's drama class before they were filled up.

* Spent the next hour trying to find the darn website to sign up for swim lessons and get them signed up. I was so frustrated to find that most classes were already completely full so I have very limited choices. I got very annoyed with myself for not checking back sooner. I ended up having to sign Alyssa up for the "first beginner" class since it was my only option. At least I got both of them in that class together. I know it will be too basic for her, but she isn't allowed to join in the next step up classes because she isn't 6 until the end of the summer. I did get her in the "second beginner" class for the following section, but couldn't get Tristan in a class at the same time, so he will be having his class AFTER hers which means one will have to wait while the other has their class. Not a problem if the weather is nice, but if it's cold and rainy like last year (it's an outdoor pool) we'll be out in the rain that much longer.

* Got Alyssa signed up for the "Dragons and Princesses" drama camp! Thankfully that section wasn't full. I know she'll love it. Her preschool class is putting on "Snow White and the 7 Dwarves" for their "graduation" ceremony and Alyssa "won" the part of Snow White after the teachers had all the girls "audition" taking a bite of the poison apple and "swooning". I guess Alyssa's swoon too the cake because the moment she did it, they declared they found their Snow White. Alyssa's always had a flair for the dramatic and, indeed, spends the majority of her playtime pretending that she is different princesses or roles (making Tristan play secondary roles in her productions"). I think the drama camp will be a great experience for her. I can't WAIT to see the school production!!!

* Finally got the kidlets in the car and went to work out. Did week 4 of the podrunner program and it kicked my butt. I obviously lost a lot of ground from where I was at Thanksgiving. (Not that I'm surprised.) I need to get back to it though, as I am signed up to do a triatholon relay with two of my girlfriends and I'm doing the 5K leg.

* Came home, popped Tristan in the bath and hopped in the shower with Alyssa. Washed everyones hair. Dried off. Dressed. Dried everyone's hair. Ate a quick lunch.

*Then off to gymnastics.

* After gymnastics came home and folded laundry. Moved laundry from washer to dryer. Did a quick tidy of the house. Folded more laundry. Took chicken out to thaw for dinner.

* In the midst of folding laundry Tristan came down and wanted to snuggle with me. I wondered where Alyssa was and discovered she was fast asleep up in Tristan's room.

* Took Tristan on my lap and read through the whole new "High 5" magazine we recently received. Sniffed and kissed his sweet smelling head at least 100+ times. Tristan said that I couldn't help him with the "hidden objects picture" but he did like my kissing him. I obliged and kissed him some more. (God that child is the sweetest child EVER.)

* Tristan reminded me that I had said we would make a pompom animal after we got back from working out, so we went and made a little pink bear with purple feet and one green ear and one black ear. He was very happy. At this time Alyssa woke up and came down.

* Kidlets asked if they could watch a Curious George episode so I said yes and when I went to put my folded laundry in the basket, found that my basket was already in use...

My cute "laundry"

* Started preparing dinner. Michael called and wanted to see if I could find a sitter so we could go out. I called around but no luck. (What did he expect last minute like that????!!)

* Just as dinner was in the oven, Michael arrived home and I took off to get to my favorite yarn shops monthly Knit Night.

* Realized I hadn't brought the right sized needles that I needed for my project and hadn't brought any other project to work on. Had to buy some more needles that I didn't really need so I could continue working.

* Stopped at Barnes & Noble on my way home and browsed since I rarely get a chance to do that and I was without kidlets.

* Came home to find Michael asleep on the couch and our bed not made although the sheets were dry in the dryer.

* Went up and made bed. Briefly considered writing a journal entry, but decided to cheat and do it today instead.

* Went in and kissed the children who were "camping out" on the floor in Tristan's room and then went to bed.

Fascinating reading, wasn't it. But that was my May 2.

No comments: