Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 4 - Opera High

I’m still riding on an unbelieveable high from the most amazing opera performance I’ve ever seen in my life! Seriously, it was amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a performance when ALL of the singers were of that high calliber. The feeling was electric in the opera house. Of course, it was even more exciting since our friend was singing in it and everyone back stage was on such a high. The opera critic review was equally positive today. Too cool!

I know not man people who probably read my blog are opera fans, but I grew up with it and even sang in the children’s chorus for the opera a few times. Anyway, it was the Seattle Opera Production of I Puritani. Here is a link for the video preview. The male singer in the picture at the top of the page is our friend, John Relyea (Barritone-Bass). Video Preview for I Puritani

You can read the review here.

The only think the review didn’t really cover that I also found amazing were the costumes. Absolutely gorgeous. I even got to see them close up backstage and they were stunning. The lace on them was so beautiful and the fabric!!!!!

I’m trying to talk my husband into going next week because I doubt we’ll have a cast like that again here in Seattle for a while.

Definitely a memorable night. The only small mark on it was that our friend's wife wasn't there to hear him sing and watch him perform.

No comments: