Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5 - Sick Boy

We have a sick little boy on our hands. Since Saturday night he's been running a temperature in the 100's and it has spiked a few times to 103.5+ and didn't seem to be going down even with Tylenol and Motrin, so off to the doctor we went.

Poor darling has strep throat. I admit to being ignorant about strep throat. I've never had it, that I know of, and Alyssa hasn't ever had it either. Poor little guy did say his throat hurt and we could tell it hurt him to talk and eat. He hasn't eaten hardly anything since Saturday except a popsicle and some jello and drinking some juice. At least now we have some antibiotics and I hope he gets better soon and his fever finally goes down.

So now he can't go to school for the next 3 days. Of course, now I'm feeling like MY throat is starting to hurt. I'm hoping it's just psychosomatic and not the beginnings of strep.

The doctor also told me to throw away his tooth brush in 3 days so he doesn't reinfect himself! I would never have thought about that.

No comments: